Power Supply Industry News
Knowledge is Power ™
SMPS Design Tools
Lead Electrical Systems Engineer - Eaton, Cary, NC
Eaton located in Raleigh, NC has an opening for a Lead Electrical & Systems Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our three phase UPS products. This position is responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems for UPS and other three phase power systems.
-Leads electrical and system engineering activities for advanced mission critical power products under the direction of the Office of Chief Engineer
-Mentors, assigns tasks and determines priority for project team members as needed
-Champions innovative solutions in a variety of areas: semiconductor devices, power electronics, magnetics, thermal, and digital controls functions
-Performs system and architectural product design
-Analyzes and simulates power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics
-Technical leader for special projects in the division, responsible for meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals.
-Evaluates alternative solutions to satisfy emerging customer wants and needs. Proposes technology roadmaps and development initiatives
-Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
-Demonstrates attention to detail and an ability to connect the dots particularly at the system level
-Keeps track of latest power electronics, embedded software and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to power electronics applications.
-Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
-Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton's goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
-Listens to and understands the "Voice of the Customer"
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 6 years of industry work experience in electrical product development. OR MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 4 years of industry work experience in electrical product development
- Must live within a 60 mile radius of the work location. No relocation benefit is provided.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts
- Solid background in the field of power electronics and control algorithms
- Proficiency in using simulation tools such as Matlab/Simulink, PSpice, etc
- Experience with power electronic utility interface
- Systems engineering experience with complex electrical systems
- Proven track record for leading project teams
- Experience interacting with Global teams
- Knowledge of high power products and related design considerations preferred (200 kVA to 1 MVA).
- A demonstrated ability to "think outside of the box"
- Self-motivator and self-starter skills
- Cross functional team development experience
- Experience developing complex electrical systems with digital controls
- Ability to evaluate and design higher level system architectural considerations involving electrical, software, and mechanical cross-disciplinary principles.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good understanding of control of power electronics and/or motor drives
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with and productize new and unique ideas
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
More info clicks
Power Supply Industry News, online since 2002.
SMPS Power Supplies
™. All rights reserved.