Power Supply Industry News
Knowledge is Power ™
SMPS Design Tools
Power Engineer - Facebook, Menlo Park, CA
Facebook demands highly customized server components from its hardware vendors to ensure that every watt hour of energy is used efficiently. Our designs are kept simple and minimalistic; with an emphasis on specifying and testing every critical component. This position is full time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Define architecture and specifications for power supplies, back-up systems and motherboard power conversion systems.
- Engage vendors to ensure product meets specification and delivery target
- Review schematics and board diagrams, run detailed design reviews
- Work on power projects development, debug and validation as stand-alone and at system level
- Diagnose and troubleshoot root cause failures, communicate findings for corrective actions and quick resolution
- Thoroughly review the projects and continuously provide inputs
- Engage mechanical team to ensure fit and proper component cooling
- Engage hardware team to ensure proper system integration and functionalities
- Drive outside vendors, collaborate with the internal program management team and the other teams for a steady development progress
- Responsible for first bring-up testing of power projects for functionality
- Engage deployments team to ensure smooth product introduction
- Provide input on data center power schemes, and help in solving power distribution issues
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or power engineering required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading edge power systems design
- Skilled on AC-DC & DC-DC front-ends and server systems power architecture
- Familiar with power converters schematics, layout, CAD tools, design review process
- Skilled on analysis methods for power supplies, including loop stability measurements
- Knowledgeable of Digital Bus Interface protocols, PMBus, PSMI
- Experienced in dealing with outside ODMs
- Knowledgeable of lab equipments, oscilloscopes, probes, power analyzers, electronic loads, and able to operate them
- Must be familiar with hardware and power testing methodologies and have a hands-on approach when testing
- Familiar with fault protection systems
- Understanding of safety codes, standards and industry best practices
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
More info clicks
Power Supply Industry News, online since 2002.
SMPS Power Supplies
™. All rights reserved.