Power Supply Industry News
Knowledge is Power ™
SMPS Design Tools
Lead Electrical Engineer - Eaton Corporation, Raleigh, NC
Division Critical Power Systems
Job Description Eaton Corporation in Raleigh, NC has an opening for a Lead Electrical Engineer. This position is responsible for the product development/design of Power conversion products from initial customer proposal through production launch for the power electronics market.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops power converters, power distribution products and electrical systems for uninterruptible power systems and accessories.
-Works with other teams of folks who analyze and simulate power systems & circuit boards. .
- Participates as team member in new product development projects (uninterruptible power systems and other power quality products) while meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals. Interfaces closely with cross-functional team members.
- Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
- Evaluates alternative design solutions to meet product development requirements factoring in performance, cost and schedule.
- Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
Serves as technical team leads of 2-3 cross-functional resources on projects
- Resolves issues related to UL & regulatory compliance for electrical products
Grows expertise in systems engineering including hardware, mechanical, and software controls.
- Maintains and releases design documentation in a PDM system during product development.
- Supports factory introduction and field deployment of new products.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton's goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Performs all duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from accredited institution.
- Work experience in the field of Power Electronics and controls algorithm experience.
- Work experience in the design for Six Sigma electronics simulation.
- Experience on power electronic utility interface.
- Experience interacting with global teams.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 73,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements) Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in electrical and electronic circuit design
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a project lead.
More info clicks
Power Supply Industry News, online since 2002.
SMPS Power Supplies
™. All rights reserved.